Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cookbook.... nah

Today evening as I was about to pack up for the day, one of my colleagues arrived at my cubicle and asked me "how to make egg-burji?". He of course knew it somewhat but since, perhaps it was the first time he would be doing it, he just wanted to make sure that the recipe he knew goes flawless to an edible egg burji. I, then jokingly said, "I think I can and I should write a recipe book now!" :)

I remember my friend from Sydney, Anil, calling me up one day, just to know how I make a good mutton curry and eventually made it up there in his kitchen which he later told me, was wonderfully delicious. And as I sit here in front of my machine at home, I think may be I am not that great as a cook to write a whole book on cooking titled "100 recipes to keep your family happy" or "101 dishes for you" or even "learn cooking in 21 days!!!", but definitely can make you happily remember me for long time for my magical (they say, I don't like to boast of) cooking skills. Do not worry, I am not going to write any such "cookbook"!!

Till now I have cooked- much out of sheer interest in cooking delicious dishes. And now a days it is more of compulsion that I do not have good eateries nearby where I can take food regularly, affordable to my pocket and digestable to my stomach! The quality & price of the food and the health of your stomach (ultimately yours) are directly proportional to each other. (proprtions is something I learnt in 7th class and now I understand its meaning with application!). Anyways that's a different story altogether, which will come to you later.

Yeah, so I was talking about that cookbook. Well, I thought that now is the time to release my secret recipes. Secret or patent no more, let it go Open Source. (that "I thought" in this statement is intentional here to announce that "I do think"). So sit back and keep watching.. You will find a finger licking good food recipes out here, Very Soon...

No comments: