Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 12th 2009

Last few weeks have been very busy for me. At least my outlook calendar shows that. Also, in a sad turn of events, a sequence of power cuts burnt my PC’s motherboard, which is to be repaired yet. IPL has been a bit of relief in this stressful times though.



However, while coming back from a friend’s house last Sunday I happened to visit some roadside bookshops in Abids area (popular for bargain-shopping) and interestingly, found that some good titles are sold at just around 100 rupee. So the reader in me invoked & I was more tempted to buy some after seeing a person buying “Chicken Soup” for just 100. Then in no time I decided that I’d buy a couple of good titles which I could not buy earlier for their high price tags.



Browsing through the books in the stack, found 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and “Men are from Mars…” . And would you believe that I paid off in total, just 150 bucks for the two! I think this was the first time I could bargain successfully on something.



Now trying to find time to read these two books. In last four days I have hardly crossed 4 pages of ‘7 habits’. Let me see how long can I pursue this. As I have written earlier, reading is one of the hobbies which I have always wanted to pursue for a long time and every time I started a book, for some reason or the other, it hadn’t continued for long.



Another thing that’s given me some relief is the IPL-II. This is another reason I have not been able to cross more than 4 pages of '7 Habits'. Except for the irony that the team I support in the day does not win, everything else is just passing time well. Yesterday’s match between Mumbai and Punjab was really entertaining and an exception for the irony I mentioned just now.



And how could the Zoo-zoo commercials by Voadfone go without a mention? They are really entertaining. Perhaps Zoo-zoo ads are going to be the most memorable and attractive of them all. This should be the only time in the world of ads where people aren’t upset or bored in the commercial breaks.

For some more days IPL is on the calendar, then comes T20 World cup. So far so good.

No comments: